Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Carrot Balls

After a long rainy day spent reorienting myself to all the growth Barefoot Books has been rightfully experiencing while I was otherwise occupied (have you checked out the Winter Sale?), Grace and I took some time to play Chutes & Ladders and make Carrot Balls.

http://www.photoshow.net/home

She wowed me with her reading skills when, while I was trying to pull a fast one on her, she read "Eat now" in the Kinder Krunchies, Too cookbook we love from Discovery Toys. I had said we would need to put them in the fridge until dad got home, and she caught me! I was so proud.

The carrot balls were yummy, and life is good. The family is all snug inside with a fire... the baby kittens are starting to explore, Tiger is playing with Phoebe and Ford is settled in his big doggy bed. National Treasure is the backdrop for this evening... some people have TV on in the background all night, with us it's DVDs- from the moment Shawn comes out of the office. So even though I proudly proclaim to all my mommy friends, "We don't even have TV in our house"- I don't mention the spinning towers of entertainment that we have accumulated, nor the revolving door in our mailbox for Blockbuster Online DVDs (did I mention I LOVE their new Total Access program, best deal ever).

Oh and while I am on it, have you tried Roast-a-Roma? It's yummy...

Okay my consumeristic rant is complete.

No comments:

Puzzles!

Shawn last finished Da Vinci's Last Supper in Nov! No time for puzzles this fall- can't wait until we are in our own place again!!
Photobucket
Are you a puzzler? Want to trade?