Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Kindy

After Grace's first day of "kindy" (see Pinky's Blog for details) we made orange banana muffins and played Clue Jr. Then while I was searching for ideas for our ever changing homeschool program, I stumbled on this site- we played together for an hour or so and she played alone for another hour- it is a very engaging site.

BrainPOP Jr. - Science, Health, Social Studies, Math, Reading, and Writing Animated Movies for grades K-3

Tonight I really need to enter the contacts from the book fair we did this past weekend, the Chino Family Festival of Books. I was once again reminded of why I love Barefoot Books as I shared them with other families who love reading. They must put something in the water there- everyone was so friendly and genuine. My mom and Grace came along and Shawn too- it was a fun event.

But I am also drawn to doing more research and preparing more for our new little schoolroom. I did Pilates again, 7th time in 2 weeks. My green binder is still working well for my organizational system. It's good for me to take time to note the things I feel positive about. This blog has begun to serve as a time marker; when we wonder "when?" about things we often search back to reference a date or event to refresh our memory and it's such a nice reminder of the good times- it seems I, like most people probably, tend to blog about happy events- sort of like distilling life into memories and moments that I want define us.

And 24 (S3D2) is distracting me in the background.

No comments:

Puzzles!

Shawn last finished Da Vinci's Last Supper in Nov! No time for puzzles this fall- can't wait until we are in our own place again!!
Photobucket
Are you a puzzler? Want to trade?